Govt. Murapara college, located at Rupganj in Narayanganj, is one of the great archeological symbols of Bangladesh. It was established in 1966. It has been built on a heritage of educating and training the people who desire and seek knowledge and success in their lives. Earlier its name was Gulbox Bhuiyan college. Later this name is changed to Murapara College. It imparts H.S.C, three years Degree and four years honours courses in various subjects. The college was affiliated by the National University. About One thousand and five hundred students study in this College.
The college was shifted in 1972 at the Murapara Jamidar Bari which was built in the year 1890 by Ramraton Banaerjee. He was a trusted person of the British Government. At the time of liberation war in 1971 people stole may things of this palace but still the beauty shows. At that time it was used as a refugee camp and now it is used as a college house named Murapara college. Now the Principal of this College is Md. Gulam Mustafa.